Tourist Visa Application
Before submitting your application through mail or drop off, you must first submit your details Here and continue below for the application.
We will return back your application if we do not receive your details.
1. Requirements for Tourist Visa Application
a. Complete, Print and Submit Tourist Visa Application Form.
b. Valid Passport (at least for six months).
c. One recent 2 x 2 inch passport size photograph.
d. A Money order or Cashier Cheque payable to the Embassy of Nepal. (Personal cheque, Cash and Credit/Debit cards are not acceptable).
e. A prepaid return envelope with tracking number and sufficient postage to return passports if you are applying by courier / post.
Embassy will not be responsible for any undelivered passport and documents due to the insufficient postage, a weak envelope to bear up the load and other incidents occurred during handling of the Passport and documents by courier / post.
f. Visa application can be submitted in person from 9:30 am to 2:00 pm in the Embassy and pick up from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm on weekdays except public holidays. (See Public Holidays).
2. Visa on Travel Document:
a. If you are holding reentry permit travel document, you have to follow the requirements mentioned in No. 1 above. Embassy may ask for additional documents, if required.
b. If you are not holding Re-entry permit travel document, you have to submit a Sponsor Letter in addition to the requirements in No. 1 above.
3. Visa Fees
a. U.S. $ 25.00 for 15 days (multiple entries).
b. U.S. $ 40.00 for 30 days ( multiple entries).
c. U.S. $ 100.00 for 90 days (multiple entries).
d. No visa fee required for children under 10 years for 30 days only.
4. Visa once issued cannot be withdrawn and visa fee cannot be refunded. It must be used within six months from the date of issue.
5. Normally, Visa is processed in 7 business days after the application is received by the Embassy.
Note: Submitted application will be returned back immediately, if we do not receive a complete documents.
6. The Consulate General of Nepal in New York also issues tourist visas. Applicants are requested to contact the consulate in the following address:
Consulate General of Nepal
216 East 49th St. 4th Floor
New York, NY 10017.
Tel:(917) 675 6783
(If you are applying at the Consulate, the money order should be made payable to The Consulate General of Nepal in New York)
7. Those applying from Chicago can contact the Honorary Consulate of Nepal in Chicago in the following address:
Honorary Consulate of Nepal
10 N Dearborn Street, Seventh Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Phone 312 263 1250
Fax 312 263 3480
8. Tourist visa may also be obtained at any of the following entry points:
A. Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu
B. Immigration Offices along Nepal-India border
I. Kakarbhitta, Jhapa,
II. Birganj, Parsa
III. Balahia Bhairahawa,
IV. Jamunaha, Nepalgunj,
V. Mohana, Dhangadi,
VI. Gaddachauki, Mahendranagar
C. Immigration Office along Nepal- China border I. Kodari, Sindhupalchok
D. Immigration Office, Pokhara (not the entry point)
9. Tourists carrying more than 5,000.00 US dollar or equivalent foreign currency are requested to declare in the Custom Declaration Form at the time of arrival in Nepal. Those returning from Nepal with undeclared money exceeding US $ 5,000.00 or equivalent foreign currency may be interrogated for further legal actions in accordance with Foreign Exchange Regulation Act of Nepal.
10.Tourists traveling by car should possess a valid Passage de Carnet.