Official Visa Application
An official visa shall be issued to a person holding an official who needs to visit Nepal in connection with his/her official duty. Official visa is also issued to the family members of such person when they are accompanying the person.
The official visa shall be issued by the Embassy for a period of 30 days on the basis of reciprocity. The term thereof may be extended, if required, from the Department of Consular Service, Tripureshwor, Kathmandu for the remaining term of the official assignment in Nepal.
Monday – Friday
Application submission / drop off:
09:30 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. (Except public holidays, Click Public Holidays)
02:00 p.m. to 04:00 p.m.
Before submitting your application through mail or drop off, you must first submit your details Here and continue below for the application process. We will return back your application if we do not receive your details.
Complete and Print Official Visa Application form Here
Required Documents For An Official Visa:
- Original official/ordinary passport with at least 6 months’ validity.
- Passport must contain at lease 2 blank visa page.
- A copy of passport ID page.
- One recent passport-size photograph (2”X2” size)
- Duly filled in and signed visa application form.
- A note verbale from the Foreign Ministry/diplomatic mission/ international organisation or equivalent offices with a request for an official visa, stating clearly the purpose and period of the visit.
- A travel itinerary.
- Pre-paid return Envelope with Tracking number. (Not required for pick up)
- Submit above documents through mail or drop off
Note: The Embassy will not be responsible for the loss and damage of any documents while Toing and Froing, any undelivered passports because of insufficient postage, a weak envelope to bear up the load and other incidents occurred during handling of the documents by postal office/courier.